The AIDS Control Unit works hand in hand with the Anti-AIDS Club. The club has 73 registered members. It also has active behavior change groups and a constitution that governs us.
- Promote VCT and treatment services for HIV and AIDS and STI’s among students
- To promote HIV and AIDS prevention through engaging in education for behavior change among students and vulnerable groups.
- To promote condom use among students.
- Participate in National and County HIV and AIDS events
- To engage in awareness programs especially in areas of health environment and education.
- Facilitate seminars organized within university and its environs therefore assist to disseminate knowledge to others.
- To instill positive moral values to peers in the society.
- To provide life skills and knowledge and foster positive attitude in facing and dealing with daily challenges
HIV AND AIDS PEER EDUCATORS.
It consists of two:
- Staff HIV and AIDS peer educators
- Students HIV and AIDS peer educators
Staff HIV and AIDS Peer Educators
Consists of 25 trained staff
- To equip the staff at workplace with life skill lessons concerning HIV and AIDS
- To ensure the staff develop positive health seeking behaviours
- Help educate peers on issues concerning HIV and AIDS
Students HIV and AIDS Peer Educators
Consists of 50 trained Peer Educators