The University shall engage in the discovery of new knowledge and skills for addressing the scientific, socio-economic and technological concerns nationally, regionally and internationally.
- To produce graduates equipped with new knowledge, skills, attitudes and values critical to the posterity of human beings and society.
- To undertake research innovation and extension aimed at generating new knowledge, skills and strategies that shall drive sustainable development and wealth creation for the benefit of the community.
- To establish and maintain infrastructure and services
- To advance the intellectual and human resource capacity through training and team-building.
- To Publicize University programmes, activities and promote its public image.
- To practice prudent financial management.